Sunday, January 20, 2013

...School Starts

Liam and I in the Snow, V&A Exhibit, & Laura & I at the School Bar
I have completed my first official week of school and my internship. School was great. It was interesting to see how it works in a different country. My grade is based off of one paper and one group project for each class. I am taking London Fashion, Commercial Skills, and Luxury Brand Management. All of my classes seem like topics I will enjoy. I am ready to start learning more in depth about each of them. The class size on average is 45 people, and coming from FIT that is really big. In two of my modules I have 2 teachers per class. It is a lot different from school in the States. School is more relaxed and the teachers depend on you to get the work done on your own time, all you do is turn it in at the end of the semester. I like independent learning, it allows you to research more of what you are interested in, rather than what the teacher tells you to do. 

Working at Paper has been a dream so far. I love the people I work with and the company. It is absolutely amazing to see every aspect of developing a new brand. I am excited to participate in  fashion week. Paper will be showing at New York, London, and Paris. All the people I work with are young and well rounded in the fashion industry. It is great having a boss willing to share her knowledge with you. I hope to work in the high-end market when I graduate, so Paper is a perfect fit for me. 

This weekend the weather has been freezing and snowy. People do not handle snow well here, almost everything shuts down. I got to see the London Science Museum and the V&A . The Science Museum had a cool exhibit called Energy: fuelling the future. The V&A had a wonderful Fashion Exhibit



No comments:

Post a Comment